1. Department of Education and Health. Government of St. Lucia National Formulary. St. Lucia. 1971.
2. Population Services International. Preethi: A Social Marketing Project. PSI. Chapel Hill USA. 1975.
3. Davies, J. and Louis, T.D.J. Doctors and community-based pills in Sri Lanka. IPPF Med. Bull. June, 1975.
4. Davies, J. and Louis, T.D.J. Measuring the effectiveness of contraceptive marketing programs: Preethi in Sri Lanka. Published in Studies in Family Planning. April 1977.
5. Davies, J. Reducing infant mortality: child-oriented vs. Maternal-oriented strategies. Advocated “Maternal Channeling”. Presented at the World Federation of Public Health Associations Conference, Halifax, 1978. Based on MPH studies.
6. Davies, J. Providing medical specialist manpower by the year 1989: the need for doctors and allied health workers. Papua New Guinea Medical Journal. Sep 1982.
7. Riley, I., Davies, J. Population and Health Development. In: Population of Papua New Guinea. Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific. Country Monograph Series No. 7.2. Bangkok. 1982.
8. Davies, J. MCH, family planning and nutrition; the case for integration in developing countries. First Prize, Pauline Stitt Award, School of Public Health, University of Hawaii. 1985.
9. Davies, J. The Cycle of Undernutrition: Food, Birthspacing and Women’s Rights. CUSO Journal. (Canada) Sept, 1985.
10. Davies, J., Mitra, S.N. and Schellstede, W.P. Oral Contraception in Bangladesh: Social Marketing and the Importance of Husbands. Studies in Family Planning, May/June 1987. (based on doctoral dissertation, University of Hawaii).
11. Mantra, I. B., Davies, J., Omaj, B.P.S. and Louis, T.D.J. Rural Community Health Volunteers: Are They Effective Communicators? A New Training System for Diarrhea Management. Department of Health. 1988.
12. Mantra, I.B and Davies, J. A Social Marketing Strategy for Increasing the Use of ORS. Int. J. Health Education. Feb 1990.
13. Agha, S. and Davies, J. Contraceptive Social Marketing in Pakistan: Assessing the Impact of the 1991 Condom Price Increases on Sales and Consumption. Working Paper #14. Population Services Int. Washington. 1998. (A Total Market Approach)
14. Davies, John. The Dangerous Stairway for Mothers and Children: a Powerful Reproductive Health Planning Tool. World Vision Newsletter. 2002. Free download www.johndavies.com,
15. Davies, John. Preventing HIV with Condoms: Nine Tips You Can Use. January, 2007. See www.johndavies.com
16. Davies, John. Social Marketing for Health: Did it All Begin With Condoms? Presented at First World Social Marketing Conference, Brighton, England. Sept, 2008. See also at www.johndavies.com.